Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 11

Where do I start?  Usually I just write about the week not the weekends....but there was some crazy stuff going on..On Saturday I volunteered for a local cancer camp, Camp Discovery, to help raise funds for the non profit organization.  Twenty one of us volunteered to run the gates at a Brewfest in Idaho Falls ( a mere two and half hour drive--one way!)..about 6,000 people went through the gates....and of course being busy in the hot sun a few beers needed to be tested....those damn little glasses....you never know how much was tested (I am taking a counter next year!).   Sunday was two long walks with the dogs and than a late nine hole golf round. 

Monday I could not drag myself out of bed....I wonder why?  Golfed ladies night...I do enjoy that silly game...walked the golf course.

Tuesday up and out the door by 5am.  Using the resistant band, the benches and work out areas for 45 minutes.  If felt good....just being outside.  Zumba class again Tuesday night...getting better, still shaking everything but sweating a little less.  I was very happy when I saw sweat rolling off the best in-shape dancer!

Up and out on Wednesday morning. My eyes are adjusted to what should be and should not be on the island.  As I was walking/running I noticed a small object that was in the field...that was not there the day before.  I truly hoping it was not a skunk as the dogs took off...luckily it was only a very large raccoon that could run fast!


Thursday I was out the door after locating the crazy cat. It is getting a bit tricky at the Island where I walk.  The river is flowing fast and is on the raise.  The center of the island is filling up with water making it a great place for birds. Today while exercising the dogs took off chasing ducks.....funny sight seeing my short legged dogs dashing through water so early in the morning...and yes they stink when they get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment